Sunday, February 26, 2006

Late for church this morning. Woke up late, and just got surprised by Annie knocking at my door. I was in my pajamas. My dad hopped in the shower right as I was going in there. Oh well. Got to church for a great service, late, but whatever. Dave Horne spoke today, I just love that guy! Really lives what he talks about. Great discipler, probly the best I've known in my life so far. Got lunch with Annie, ate in Julies car. Left from Starsucks... Starbucks, and we were on our way. The ride to Indiana was fun. Got to really talk to Julie on the way. Boundless love and respect for that girl!!! Mentioned to her today that after being a part of Fruitport Fusion it would be hard or impossible to go back to Spring Lake. Such a good leader, and really good about encouragement, something I have missed since Steve went to go start Watermark.
Question of the car ride: What would it be like if we lived counter-intuitively?
I have to say, it was really cool to be around people that really care about each other, waiting for that special someone.
Got into Dan's show. He wasn't as surprised as I thought he would be, but overjoyed to see Julie. Every time I'm around Dan I just like the guy more. Would love to be able to work with him in the future.
Went and saw the art show with Jules at 4:00. Met her friend Lyssa, great girl.
Dinner with Chris, now I just want to talk about Chris Boyer for a second. I feel like he is some long lost brother of mine. Like he somehow got detached from my family, and I'm just now being re-united with him. I see so much just really good stuff in him. If for nothing else, just being able to hang with Chris would make my experience at IWU worth while. His ability to just be still and firm is inspiring, his humility is genuine, and his artistic ability surpass any words I can put to screen, the closest word I can formulate is humbling. I have had the priveledge and honor of watching a true artist create. Watching him work has really blurred the line for me between art and genius. I told Chris I feel like I should be making a documentary. To take a raw mental image and turn it into something profound, and influencial, just shows me what it means to make art ministry. I am retiring for the evening

Shalom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home