Monday, March 06, 2006

March 4th, 2006

My dad woke me up after his casual twelve mile run. He sickens me, him and his blasted weight loss, and triathlon training. I just feel like a fat kid in my second decade of life, scared of my size in the third. Realizing more and more that health is a spiritual issue. Once again word for the year is character, which dictates that instead of whining about it like a little girl, I needed to do something about it. Got on our stationary bike for a half an hour. It was really good! Kinda soar now, not going to lie. It really is amazing how much better I feel about me right now though. Almost as if I had just won a marathon. I think that exercise needs to become a consistent part of my life henceforth.

Observation: Health is a spiritual issue!!!!!!!

Lyssa, Julie, and their friend Bethany were up from IWU today. Crazy thing happened. I got to talking to Lyssa about this cool girl I know from Illinois (just so you understand the scope of her coolness, she reads the writings of Augustine, and is a photographer, and signs her e-mails with AHAVARIM, you probably don't understand, but she passes all levels of cool on human scales), and it turns out she is from the same home town as Tessa, and even more freaky, they are best friends. Crazy small world!

Observation: Globalization will be the next catalyst to the spread of the Christian Church.

I saw a guy that looked like Dave Horne at Java. And I just want to talk about Dave for a second. In my eight+ years of being at SLWC there has been no other person there that has more intentionally, and deeply discipled me than Dave! It has only been within the last three or so years, but it has more than made up for the rest of my life. It is a humbling, and inspiring experience to know that a person, and not just a person, but a true man of God that you revere, for some reason really believe in you. I think about that verse at the end of Mathew that says to continue making disciples of every nation.

Observation: Dave Horne has set my bar for what it means to truly live out the great commission.

Reva had her birthday party tonight, at Java. We had a band, and between the groups that those two events brought in, every one of my favorite customers was in tonight besides the Ron's and Todd Anthis. Happy 16th Reva!


Shalom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home