Monday, March 06, 2006

March 5th, 2006

I'm lazy. After yesterday I decided to take a sabbath day, especially as it pertained to that fitness bike. My parents went off to New Life Church. It kills me but I did have a good talk with my dad about it. There will never be another pastor anywhere that is even close to Dennis, but this move is something that will serve to get Janaya back into the church. If it works, it will be a huge answer to prayer, and they will likely come back after Janaya graduates. She was profoundly hurt over the course of the last few years there, and seems to be genuinely interested in going here.

We are in the Godblog series at SLWC. It is really cool. Opening my eyes to how to have God's heart in prayer. I have been serving as Dennis' second hand man in a way on a Sunday morning here and there for 59West. Moving a ladder for him, giving him his water, for me its like being a bulls fan and towel boying for Michael Jordan. When it comes to knowing the Spirit of God, I almost feel like Dennis should have his own scribe. He just seems to make right decisions, and always speaks humbly. If you go to church there you'll understand. He has assembled a team that borders perfection. It truly is a dream team. Every person in every position is the best of the best, the crème de la crème of whatever. He sits poised not as a king, but almost as a father, or coach, sitting back and gently guiding, allowing the players, and children to receive all the credit. Leading after God's heart.

Went out to eat with Annie, CJ, B, and Cathy after church. I learn more and more on every meeting that Kathy is just amazing. She is so nice, and just really cares. One of those people that you just want to have as a friend, but know it is only by the grace of God that such people even exist around you.

Observation: God doesn't put nice people around you for guild but for gentle guidance.

Got to hang out with Brandon and meet his parents. It is really nice to have a best guy friend again. It was a void I had been praying would be filled, and he not only fills it but exceeds it. Since Seth left I just hadn't had anyone, no real comrade in Christ. I am just really at a good place when it comes to my friendships, and I thank God for his grace in them.

Spiritual thought: we must engage deeply, truly swim in the deep streams of life.

My cousin leaves in a few hours for Oregon. It was really nice to have her home. She is moving out there with her boyfriend. I didn't like him at first but after his having spent Christmas with us I learned that he is just a great guy. First time I have ever been wrong on a first impression, humbling. I love her and will miss her deeply, but you know what this means... I need to tack Oregon onto my list of places to go soon.


Shalom

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug Witte said...

I saw your comment and wanted to check your blog out ... then I couldn't figure out which blog to read. I can't multitask.

7:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home